Perfect Pecan Lace Cookies
February 22, 2008
This cookie is fancy as it is molded around a wooden spoon once out of the oven – perfect for showing off at your next party. Fun tasting cookies are perfect for tea parties and for that something extra special at the end of a meal.
- 1/2 cup butter (butter preferred or Crisco – not lard or margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 well beaten eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fine chopped pecans
- ***Equipment Needed:
- wooden spoon, working oven on 325 degrees, cookie cooling racks, mix master
- Cook one sheet at a time, since you will need to remove them from the cookie sheet as soon as they come out so that you can “mold” these around the end of a wooden spoon before placing them onto your cookie cooling sheets. You can have a second cookie sheet ready to go into the oven if you are so inclined to multi task.
- ***OK Ready? here we go…..
- Cream butter in mixer then add brown sugar slowly and beat until light.
- Add eggs to creamed mixture and beat till all is incorporated.
- Add vanilla, flour, salt and mix again till combined.
- Add nuts and mix once more.
- Drop scant (small) teaspoons onto greased baking sheets leaving 4-5 inches between cookies.
- With back of greased spoon press down on drops of cookie dough to flatten.
- Bake at 325 for 10 to 12 minutes.
- ****Now comes the harder part – move quickly once they are out of the oven.
- Having cooling cookie sheets nearby, grab a metal spatula and remove one “wafer” then roll it around the end of the wooden spoon, then slide off onto your cooling racks. Repeat with the other baked wafers.
- Let cool then serve the crispy treats-
- ****Wish to be even naughtier? Of course, I thought so….melt some semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate, and dip one end of the cooled perfect pecan scrolls into the melted chocolate then let sit on wax paper to cool and allow chocolate to become hard. Or sprinkle with a little of powdered sugar for a different look.
- Easy to freeze, just place them in a container not a zip lock bags since they are fragile, and separate layers with wax paper to prevent sticking.
from → perfect pecan lace cookies