Leahs Easy Excellent Cookie Bars Recipe
Made these the other day, perfect recipe to have a young chef learn their first dessert since its almost 1 of everything. I had only one egg in the house, needed something in my tummy fast and this was the result: It’s chewy, crispy and super delicious. I say it serves 9, but frankly I would say three people with having seconds and thirds it’s that good!
- 1 jumbo egg or 2 medium eggs
- 1 stick butter (I used unsalted)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1 cup mixed semi sweet and milk chocolate morsels
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 good teaspoon baking soda
- 1 greased 8×8 pan
- 1 oven on 350 degrees preheated
- In mixer, beat butter, then add sugar till well creamed.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat till fluffy.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and beat on slow till mixed, then beat on high for one minute, scraping down sides of bowl if needed.
- Stop mixer, and add coconut and chocolate morsels. Start mixer slowly to incorporate remaining ingredients.
- Batter will be think, so pour and spread into greased 8×8 pan, and place on middle rack in oven for 25 minutes.
- Once pan is out of oven, take knife, and slice around edges so it cools away from edges of pan, slice while still slightly warm, then let cool.
- Perfect for freezing, these keep super well in sealed container and excellent for going into camp lunch boxes!
- Mine never made it to the freezer, let alone a sealed container!