Pineapple Mint Julep Recipe
For those who love a nice refreshing beverage, here’s a nice cool pineapple one! Put your glasses or mugs into the freezer to really make your drinks make that splash with your guests or family and friends at your house tonight! This is my version of an oldie but goodie recipe!
- 6+ sprigs of fresh mint
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups ginger ale (diet is fine too, or flavored seltzer)
- 1 cup Alcohol of your choice – Bourbon is traditional, but I would use vodka or white rum too with super excellent results.
- Wooden spoon or wooden potato masher
- Put rinsed mint into pitcher, take leaves off their stems.
- Add lemon zest.
- Add sugar on top of mint and zest.
- Mash for at least one or two minutes really well, bruising the mint.
- Add lemon juice and let stand for 15 minutes.
- This is when you call your GF to come on over for early evening drinks if you already haven’t done so.
- Add pineapple juice, ginger ale.
- ***For extra decadence, wet rims of cold glasses with a little of pineapple juice or lemon, then place glass down into small plate with a little sugar so that the rims are covered in sugar.
- Put ice into drinks, add alcohol to desired amount, then add mix into drink.
- Add fresh sprig of lime.
- Makes almost 8 cups, enough for 4 people having two drinks.
- Photo from timeinc.com