How to make Homemade Cool Whip
Ok, here’s another pony trick from my pal tippy st. clair who was more than happy to allow me to share this recipe of hers with you alls! Now, who doesn’t love whipped cream? For those of you who would like to make a version of cool whip topping for your favorites desserts, try this one on for size.
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 tsp cold water
- 3 Tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp veg oil
- Chill a small mixing bowl.
- Soften gelatin with 2 teaspoons cold water, then add boiling water, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Cool until tepid.
- Place ice water and nonfat dry milk in the chilled bowl.
- Beat at high speed until mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Add sugar, still beating, then oil and gelatin.
- Place in freezer about 15 minutes then transfer to refrigerator until ready for use.
- Stir before using to retain creamy texture.
What is your favorite dessert you love to dollop your favorite whipped topping? Share and let me know in the comments section!