Jerked Oven Roasted Country Pork Ribs Recipe
Super tender and tangy country ribs are a great way to entertain affordably – made these up last night, couldn’t be easier – my guy went for seconds…quick too as they cook themselves. Serve it up with oven roasted veggies and fresh salad for a complete meal.
I also share a nice quick roasted veggie recipe which you can use anytime. This is one of those dinner meals that basically cook themselves and when you may be feeling tired but still need a good affordable meal, try this one.
Not only are country pork ribs more affordable than your usual ribs, there is a lot of meat on them and are quite tender. The spices and seasonings used in this recipe give a nice smokey flavor that has a gentle heat without sending your taste buds over to hell. Enjoy this easy to make dinner then next time you want to try country styled pork ribs making for an affordable dinner when you are on a tight budget.
- Country Pork Ribs, 1-2 per person depending upon size. These usually have a lot of meat on them and are more affordable than other sorts of ribs – they look slightly like your normal pork chops gone skinny and are usually about 1 inch thick.
- 3-4 scallions sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- good amount of fresh pepper
- 3 tablespoons or more jerk season (separate recipe posted if you would like to make your own jerk seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lite mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Large soup pot, cookie sheet with rack
- Place ribs into soup pot covering with water and allow to come to a boil.
- Then turn down heat and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes – remove any scum that may float to the top.
- In bowl, add all the ingredients for the sauce/marinade.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Drain country ribs and dip into sauce and place onto rack on cookie sheet.
- Once country ribs are on rack, this will allow the fat juices to fall away from your country ribs.
- Add any remaining sauce to the tops of the country ribs before placing in the middle rack in your oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes and allow to rest for five minutes before serving.
- I served these up last night with oven roasted veggies which cooked on a separate cookie sheet on the top oven rack simultaneously.
To Make Oven Roasted Veggies:
- Slice all into chucks: 4 potatoes or 8 red small potatoes, 2 onions (I used 1 bermuda, 1 yellow), 3-5 garlic cloves minced, 2 or 3 bell peppers in different colors (I used red and green).
- Place all ingredients into bowl, add good amount of kosher salt, pepper and add 1/3 cup olive oil.
- With spoon or hands, turn to coat with seasons and olive oil.
- Place in a shallow cookie sheet with sides to make one layer and place into oven. Turning over once or twice during cooking time while doing ribs.