Easy and Quick Roast Jerk Chicken for Two
This is one of those super easy phenomenal tasting spicy roasted chicken dinners that takes no time to prepare. simply set it up, throw it in the oven, and voila, it’s done an hour later or less -no fuss cooking with the feel of a fine French Restaurant-looking lovely fresh roasted chicken with a jerk twist.
- 1 split down the middle small chicken.
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- red chili flakes (optional – but oh so good!)
- kosher or rock salt & fresh cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry jerk seasonings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- hot preheated oven 350 degrees
- cast iron or clad skillet – or shallow pan, anything that can go into the oven.
- Start your oven, and set chicken skin side up in skillet or shallow pan.
- Pour and rub olive oil over skin. Add salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, dry jerk seasonings and fresh rosemary.
- I also place one sprig of rosemary under wing as it laid across the chicken half.
- That’s it! Throw it into the oven, cook till internal temperature in breast/thigh reaches 165 degrees – depending upon size of bird, mine took 55 minutes.
- Let rest out of pan on a plate before splitting in half to serve on two plates.
- My dish shown has roasted bell peppers and potatoes that I inadvertently left in a little too long – but still had a nice bite to them.
Though the photo is not very good, my pal and I were too eager to stop long enough to set up the photo, but I assure you that it was mighty tasty!