March 1 is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day – Peanut Butter Cookies with Milk Chocolate Morsels Recipe
So since March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day, I share my recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies with Milk Chocolate Morsels – super easy recipe to follow with amazing crispy and chewy results.
Reminiscent of your grandma’s cookie’s with an updated twist with the addition of milk chocolate morsels will make you think Reece’s peanut butter cups have gone to cookieville and you have gone to heaven. Great for freezing and for holidays and anytime of the year – one of our family’s serious favorites.
Warning – these cookies disappear and go very quick, especially right out of the oven!
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter extra crunchy peanut butter preferred
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 extra large/jumbo egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups of milk chocolate bits (I used nestles)
- Mix Master, bowls, sieve for flour, One working preheated oven at 350 degrees, people who absolutely love cookies
- Measure flour, sift then measure again and return to sifter.
- Add to sifted flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Sieve one more time and set aside bowl.
- Cream butter, then add peanut butter and cream both till smooth and fluffy.
- Add sugars and cream once more till fluffy.
- Add Egg and beat till combined, scraping sides of bowl if you have to.
- Add vanilla extract, beat till combined.
- Slowly add flour, mix till well combined.
- Add milk chocolate bits and stir on low till combined.
- Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour if you would like –
- In preheated oven at 350, place drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto lightly greased cookie sheets one inch apart and bake on middle rack for 8-10 minutes depending upon your stove.
- These cookies should be lightly golden brown. recipe yields roughly 3 doz. Depending upon size of your dollops of cookie dough.
- Once baked, let sit on cookie sheet one minute before transferring to cookie cooling rack.
- Store in sealed container to keep kids and hubby from grabbing too many!
- These cookies freeze really well, so that you can make a batch, and take out a few for guests when you need them. (Or to simply keep them for yourself!)